It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours

Welcome
Welcome to sparkyscbshack

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Need 7v battery for Astatic d104 Minuteman ll, and TurnerM+3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 am 

I have 3 execeptional mics the Astatic Minuteman ll, the Turner M + 3 of which both needs batterys. I also have a e.p.i Astatic 527 that I have no info on. Any help would be great on where to buy batteries. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Need 7v battery for Astatic d104 Minuteman ll, and TurnerM+3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:44 am 

Any local department store or watch/jewelry shop should carry the 7.5v battery. An online search will also bring up several places you can purchase them. I found they are usually quite expensive though. An alternative is to stack 5 coin/button batteries (144 series) in the battery holder. In fact, most of the 7.5v batterries are exactly that - 5 coin/button batteries with a shrink tube label holding them together. ;)

And keep on thinking free
~The Moody Blues

WR0220 Washington State 38LSB
CPI • Cobra • Icom • Yaesu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 am 

Well thats an idea I had not thought of! Thanks I will look into ordering the 144 series batteries, do they have a letter in front of them like L144 or such. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm 

I use the Duracell MN175 in my Turner mike.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:56 pm 

I buy batteries at dollar tree, for, you guessed it, a dollar. They have "357" on them. There's a guy sells them on ebay that I've bought from, made the same way with heatshrink on them. New in Radio Shack is $12 EACH. I have a Cobra 50, 2 +3's, a +2, and 2 RK70's, I use these batteries a LOT. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 pm 

The MN175 (and equivalents) will fit either mic, but I have yet to find a decent price on them. That's why I use the button batteries - they are cheap in comparison. Obviously, prices will vary depending where you are, but I pick up a card of 10 batteries (enough for 2 mics) for under $5 around here. Any of the following button batteries (x5) will interchange with the 7.5v battery:

Maxell LR44
Eveready A76
Duracell PX76A
RayOvac RW82
Timex KA

~The Moody Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am 

It just so happens that I have exactly 5 new LR44 by Maxell. What is the best way to keep all five of the batteries together as you heat shrink together. Just worried that as I heat shrink that they will loose contact. Thanks for all the help so far. Also the e.p.i. Astatic 527 does anyone know much about this mic? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:46 am 

Citboy ,

I may be wrong BUT, I think that the shrinking effect of the tubing will jam them together nicely . My local radio man hooked me up with a battery set-up like that for an old Astatic mic a buddy gave me . It was an old mic and I'm not sure that it is doing what it should be . It doesn't seem to amplify my signal like my newer D104 M6C or the Road Devil that I bought from AL .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 am 

I don't bother with shrink tubing - I just stack them in the battery holder:

~The Moody Blues

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm 

Copy that. I appreciate all the advice on how to create your own 7v; and I did just that and it is putting out about 7.87v for the mic. Believe it or not the mic still had some very old batteries in them, one was a Mallory(Duracell) and showed about 6.75v(part num TR175) and the other was a Rayovac and showed about the same. I picked up 3 mis that were good ones and they were the Turner M+3,Astatic d104-M6 minuteman II, and an e.p.i. by Astatic and says 527 and has an element in it that looks copper with markings 606 or 909 and a big M and something else on it. I dont know anything about these particular mics because they are not the ones I have and are old school vintage. Any help or knowledge on any of them, especially the e.p.i. would be helpful. They have the original cords and the e.p.i. has a very, very large 4 pin switchcraft like plug on the end for what must have been a base. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC - 6 hours